Totaal aantal pageviews

zondag, februari 26, 2006

The Stranger, Mary Poppins, Pamela Travers and Parabola Magazine


I am reading Mary Poppins these days (for the first time) and I am delighted by the writing and the lovely drawings by Mary Shepard. Found out that author Pamela Travers has been an editor of Parabola Magazine http://www.parabola.org/, about the search for myth and meaning, and came upon this quote which speaks directly to my heart.

When you accept the state of being a stranger, you are no longer a stranger. I have been an exile when everything around me seemed strange and everybody was a stranger. Once I accepted that I didn't have to belong and I didn't have to be part of the world, then I was free to be part of it. There was a paradoxical release of the spirit. The world became mine when I was no longer holding onto it.

--from "Longing for Wholeness: An interview with Satish Kumar"

Geen opmerkingen: