Totaal aantal pageviews

vrijdag, juni 17, 2005

QUESTIONS

by Norman Fischer

Why is this day different from yesterday
and why am I I and not
you or her or it?
Why does the pond ripple with
the wind and why does the dog
bark at nearly everything and why
is that annoying to me? Why is it
music moves me and why do I nearly
cry when someone's selfless for a moment
even in a movie? Why
was I born, why do I live another day,
where did I come from and where
am I going? Why do flies
appear suddenly from nowhere
and what do flies think about,
or grasshoppers, or fish, say
trout, large ones, that hover
gracefully, facing upstream, and why is it
the water ouzel twitches like that
or for that matter what about the
several things in this world that don't
speak or see or decide or taste anything
like bacteria, fidoplankton, amoeba, mites?
What's the measure of this world?
Is small smaller than large or
Is it larger and is there any small or large
outside mathematics and does it make any difference
and to whom? You? Me? What
does language do after all? is it
another organ, like a nose? And did
everything that's ever happened happen by chance
or is there a design?
What's a design anyway?
Is there anything but design?
Can anyone anyway ask a single serious
meaningful question?
Can I?

Geen opmerkingen: