Totaal aantal pageviews

dinsdag, januari 11, 2005

The Sun and The Beach

Yesterday I went to the beach again. Hadn't been there in a while, due to bad, cold, rainy weather. The sun was shining and there was a promise of spring in the air. It was also a new moon, good for new beginnings. So I went by bus to Egmond aan Zee, a seaside resort 25 minutes away from Alkmaar.
On the beach near the sea were lots of interesting small puddles of water surrounded by fascinating sand structures. Exactly what I find so intriguing to photograph. Sometimes you see profiles of people or animals in the sand. Three years ago I made my first photograph like that and called it 'Sand kisses'. I will show it here. Some people thought the picture was made in the Kalahari desert! While it was just around the corner where I lived at that time, on the beach of Camperduin, between Schoorl and the Hontsbossche Zeewering/Petten.


Geen opmerkingen: